[Sussex] Broadband at last

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Wed May 17 22:07:57 UTC 2006

Steve,

On Wed, 17 May 2006 06:57:14 +0100
Steven Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Gavin
>
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 00:44 +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> > We finally got broadband last Thursday.
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of high speed internet surfing.

Thanks. It is truly wonderful.

> > All went very smoothly & everything just worked.
>
> As it should it you went down the router route (rather than fiddling
> about with modems).

I am using a Netgear DG834 4 port ADSL firewall router. I love this
little box already - I plugged everything in, went into Network Tools in
Gnome, selected DHCP & away it went.

> > So far, so good.
>
> Well now is the time to do an "apt-get (dist-)upgrade" via the web.
> The Debian home has some good stuff, but if you want any help just
> shout.

Last night I downloaded the netinstall ISO for Debian Sarge (downloaded
111 MB in about 6 minutes) & I just need a pointer on the correct way to
burn an ISO image onto a CD.

Gavin.