[Sussex] Broadband at last

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sun May 21 07:39:42 UTC 2006

Gavin Stevens wrote:

> Thanks, I had some strange idea in my head that ISO images needed
> something special doing with them.

Not so much "special" as "different".

The most common mistake when trying to burn an iso to a CD is to copy the
iso to the CD, this results in a CD with a <file>.iso on it!

The iso is actually an image of how the cd will turn out, the burning
software just copies blocks to the CD rather than having to build a pseudo
file structure first.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

A door is what a cat is perpetually on the wrong side of. - adapted from
Ogden Nash