[Sussex] Argos Catalogue surprise

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 10 00:39:41 UTC 2006

I was idly leafing through the new Argos catalogue & came across the
page for printers & suchlike.

To my great surprise, the Samsung laser printer (£79.99) said "OS
compatibility: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, various Linux OS including Red
Hat, Caldera, Debian, Mandrake, Slackware, SuSE & TurboLinux".

Check it out on page 1049.

This is the first time I have ever seen a reference to Linux in such a
mass-market publication - OK, some of the names are bit out of date now
& it's the only product to make the reference, but one is better than
none.

Maybe, slowly, they are beginning to wake up to the power of the
"Penguin Pound".

Gavin.