[Sussex] Simple cloning

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:58:52 UTC 2006

While Norton Ghost has no issues with sizes of harddisks I would like to
have a Linux facility that is as flexible and easy to use.

For Information the version I have is Norton System Works 2003
Professional of which I only use the Ghost.
My platform for the purpose is Win98se,  no longer working properly, but
the DOS side works fine.
I put the two disks, the old and the new on the ribbons and then it is
all very easy to do.
This version of Ghost understands all the various formatting including NTFS.
When cloning the  Linux I can determine the size of the system  and swap
partitions as I wish.
I use this program quite regularly when I update customers hadrdisks.

So now what we want is a Linux version of this program. Any takers? An
easy to use GUI as Norton has would be an advantage as well.

I would stress that I will be a lot happier when I can finally get rid
of the one MS supported application.