[Sussex] Code-writing methods

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 15:39:38 UTC 2006

linux at oneandoneis2.org writes:

> So if anybody has any advice, or links to pages that they'd recommend
> reading, or even suggestions on good books to read on the topic, I'd
> greatly appreciate hearing them: I've established that how you write
> the code can make a big difference as to how easy it is to write the
> code, now I'd just like to work out what the best ways are to do such
> writing.

Having been a hacker for about 15 years I can honestly say the only
advice I have is "get some experience".

You will find a million bits of other advice telling you how to do it
- but the more code you write and read the more you will understand
what to comment and what not to.

My only other bit of advice is to follow the mantra laid down by alan
perlis "code *is* communication".

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs