[Sussex] Podcast: A plan

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Sat Nov 18 08:42:50 UTC 2006

Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Fay Zee wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in what sort of equipment and techniques you will use
>> to get good quality audio, as I'd like to do some myself.
>
> The equipment I have access to is pro-quality multi-channel stuff used for
> mixing live music. It's *way* over the top for what we need and much too
> expensive to consider buying for this sort of job. But, I've got it and use
> of it is therefore free. <g>

Very true.  In fact you could quite easy use own computer to record from
multiable sources at same time.  The software is freely available.
There is a new Open Source program for podcasting coming out mid 2007.
There only reason why I know about it is I am one of developers behind
the project, unlike me there are others in the project who have high
profile.  Trust me it is already very slick and easy to use, but no
where near ready for the public use yet (IE Crashes a bit).

Lot people who do podcasts just use USB Mic's/Headsets and they sound
just fine and are interesting to listing to.  Yes with a good mic it
makes a world difference but if podcast is boring and you have spent the
earth on it will not make it any better but for it being a boring
expensive podcast.