[Sussex] PCI Dual Head Graphics Cards needed

Neil Hart neil.m.hart at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 18 12:41:21 UTC 2006

Hi Fay,

I was about to suggest something similar to Peter's idea.  If you
already have a video card on your Dells, all you need for the second
screen is another standard PCI video card.  It is true that you'll
need double-headers for your Desktop Multiplier because of the number
of video adapter's you'll need in a single machine, but for your
current setup, just standard cards in each machine will do the job.
Additionally, if you get 12 cards the same (or more if you want some
spares) then each machine will be identical (apart from IP addresses
etc.), which is good for cloning reasons.

I've had a look around at home for such a card, but can only find a
few AGP cards.  I'm sure someone on the list must have a spare one
they can lend you to prove the concept.  Otherwise, somewhere like the
Crawley Computer Centre must have a box of them.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Neil