[Sussex] Podcast: A plan

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Tue Nov 21 08:29:33 UTC 2006

> Steven Dobson wrote:
>
>> Is it a good idea to do a little mini trail run just to see what the
>> issues are?  I was think after the next BCF as we will all be together.
>
> Hmm... Yes, we definitely need to do a trial run. However a few of points:
>
> I'll need some notice to get the kit together, it doesn't all live here.
>
> Someone needs to get a recording device organised since as I said before
> mine lives in Aylesbury atm. I'm assuming we will use a PC running
> audacity
> or similar but I don't have one that is portable (see below). Note that
> the
> critical quality component in the recording chain will be whatever does
> the
> digitization (i.e. the sound card). The average laptop sound card is
> probably good enough in theory but they tend to suffer from induced noise
> pickup from the rest of the system.

Do not forget to make backup of Audio just after it been recorded.  This
has never happened to me but professional broadcasts have been know to
delete wrong files ie TWIT (It a very apt name after deleting audio files)

Also if going to use LAME as MP3 encoder make shore that it up to date
version.  A lot work has been done in making responded to voice's in the
last 2 years at lower bitrates.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.