[Sussex] Backup Solutions Advice

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Thu Nov 30 18:52:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, November 29, 2006 18:46, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> The idea is that the firesafes will be replaced with a fire-room (if
> such a thing exists!), however I see your point about single point of
> failure etc...

You may want to look at www.aigis.co.uk as they make blast proof rooms,
building protection (tested with a 5 tonne bomb at 40 metres) and other
blast proofing.

You may recall the news article regarding trash containers that can absorb
explosions, this company makes them (lined with a material called TABRE
that absorbs the energy of the blast.)

DuPont's Nomex and Kevlar products have interesting properties against
fire, and products rated class A are fireproof and reflect the heat of the
fire away from the structure.

--
John