[Sussex] Project Advice....

Dave Phelan dave.phelan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 10:52:08 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, Richie Jarvis <richie at helkit.com> wrote:
>I think the only difference between what you have, and what we
> need is the remote management and install pieces.  That seems to be the
> driver here, as going into 100+ lofts, and reinstalling a package
> without a screen attached is not my idea of fun!

What we do is simply flash the CF cards and then replace the MeshAP CF
card with the pebble linux one. But doing that for 100 nodes is pretty
hairy. To be honest, I suspect your best bet is to take the meshAP
remote upgrade scripts, fiddle with them to point back to your server,
and make sure you have a way of maintaining the config while you
reboot and reflash.

> Is it still Tom who is doing the work for piertopier.net for the node
> creation work?

Yeah. He's a bit of a whirlwind - I can't keep up.
:-)

Dave Ph
--
 Dave Phelan CCIE#3590   ICQ: 50180416    GSM: +44 (0)7776 168561
 dave.phelan at gmail.com                  http://www.davephelan.org