X Configu for VIA S3G Unichrome was [Re: [Sussex] X Config for 32" LCD TV...]

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Tue Oct 3 09:44:52 UTC 2006

nicholas butler wrote:
> Hmm its probably all topical .. Since I have a Fujitus Amilo LG7310
> which uses VIA S3G Unichrome IGP Pro Card and has a Widescreen aspect.
> Currently Xorg.conf drives this very happily in vesa. If I try to add
> 1280x800 it bombs. If i try to switch VESA to VIA it clearly loads the
> X but displays Nothing on the screen.  Any one have anything positive
> and useful to suggest to help me get via at 1280x800 working?
>
> So whilst i appear to be hijacking the thread it seems a similar
> enough topic.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nik
Hijack away Nik - I still haven't figured it out!  At the moment, I am
driving the TV using the composite out on the EPIA board.  Its not too
bad, shifted slightly south, and with 2 bands at the sides.  I've
managed to reduce the side-bands on the TV, which has the facility to
adjust it (which is nice), but not by much, and only in one plane (which
isn't.)

But of course, having got a TV which accept PC input, its quite
frustrating not being able to use it :(

Cheers,

Richie