[Sussex] IceWeasel

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Fri Oct 13 11:01:24 UTC 2006

Vic wrote:
> So the best compromise that anyone can come up with is for the codebase to
> be used as-is, but de-badged.

This isn't new - then same situation exists with Red Hat branding.

> It will be interesting to see whether IceWeasel ends up becoming more
> popular than Firefox :-)

Yes indeed.  I  think the answer will be no, I believe their are a
larger number of users running Firefox on Windows than on any Linux
distributions that actually care enough to make the the distinction (To
my knowledge only Debian, Utoto and the Ubuntu family so far).

--
Geoff Teale
Software Engineering Team Manager

Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood
Broadlands Business Campus
Langhurstwood Road
Horsham
West Sussex
RH12 4QP

T +44 (0)1403 755071
E gteale at cmedresearch.com
W http://www.cmedresearch.com

Driven by technology. Guided by experience.