[Sussex] Re: Sourcing list of hardware

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Wed Oct 25 07:32:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 01:31 +0100, Steven Dobson wrote:
---- %< -----
> I bought two of those cheap switches from dabs and it has been running
> without a problem for over a year now.  With the growth of home networks
> I would expect the cheap switches now to be a single chip solution.
> Given that I can't see them going wrong.

Agreed.  My experience was with Novatech switches that were sub 10 quid
a few years back - even then they only crashed about once a quarter.
For desktop use it was a mild annoyance, but I wouldn't risk cheap
switches in infrastructure.

--
Geoff Teale
Software Engineering Team Leader

Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood
Broadlands Business Campus
Langhurstwood Road
Horsham RH12 4QP
United Kingdom

T +44 (0)1403 755071
F +44 (0)1403 755051
E gteale at cmedresearch.com
W www.cmedresearch.com

Driven by technology. Guided by experience.