[Sussex] Additional "storage" ?

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Mon Sep 4 15:55:58 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 09:00, Richie Jarvis wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I guess it depends how much storage you need...  Personally, I use a
> Buffalo Terastation, which gives me RAID5 for additional redundancy.

Thanks for the suggestion Richie,

Unfortunately, having just checked out the prices on it, it looks rather out
of my range i.e. the cheapest option at amazon being about the £450 mark
(though I suspect I might keep an eye on ebay).

I'm going to order a hard drive to fit in the old model desktop that Dave
Chapman gave me (with Freenas installed) - though I can't make my mind up how
big a HDD it'll be - I thinking along the lines of 250 gigs for the moment.

regards

John D.