[Sussex] X Config for 32" LCD TV...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Tue Sep 5 19:04:07 UTC 2006

Alan Pope wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:54:58PM +0100, Richie Jarvis wrote:
>

>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>I have recently been lucky enough to get a 32" Sony TV with a PC
>>connector on the back.  Its great, and works a treat.  However, I am
>>currently building a MythTV frontend with a EPIA board, and would like
>>to use the entire screen.  I know the resolution is 1366x768, but how do
>>I go about convincing X to display in this resolution for the TV?
>>

>alan at hactar:~$ gtf 1366 768 50
>
># 1368x768 @ 50.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 39.55 kHz; pclk: 69.92 MHz
>Modeline "1368x768_50.00"  69.92  1368 1424 1568 1768  768 769 772 791 -HSync +Vsync
>
>Like that?
>
>Stick that in your xorg.conf (and smoke it) :)
>
>Cheers,
>Al.

Hmm - doesn't work.  I get a No Clock for this mode error (or something
similar) - after reading further, it seems that this is something known,
and I can't (yet) find the solution in google.

This is an EPIA CLE266 that requires the openchrome.org driver, which I
have installed.  I have had to resort to using the TV out atm, and its
crap!!

I guess I need to do some further investigations.

Cheers,

Richie