[Sussex] X Config for 32" LCD TV...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Fri Sep 8 21:11:20 UTC 2006

Armin Hartinger wrote:

>What's the model number for your Sony TV?
>
>Some TVs, even if they have the 1366 width only accept a 1280 or 1024
>VGA signal.
>
>-Armin

Hi Armin,

Its a KDL-32V2000.

The other problem I have is that the EPIA board I have used is an
ME6000, which has the CLE266 video chip.  This board will only support a
max of 1024x1024 for MPEG2 decoding, so I am slightly stuffed anyway -
shoulda read the specs a bit clearer, but I did want a fanless one, and
it is much much quieter (well, its silent!)

For now, until I can find a better solution, I am using the video out,
and piping that into the SCART socket.  Unfortuantly, its still not
fully wide-screen.  I set it up based upon the advice of this page:
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html, which
made everything alot clearer, but I still have about an inch of
black-bar down each side.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Richie