[Sussex] FC4 - FTP timeout

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 13:25:25 UTC 2006

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. I use a PHP program which uploads the file,
processes it to a smaller size, FTP's it to a remote server (which works)
and then attempts to FTP the file to a directory on the same server. A
fairly complex chain but one that has been running for about three years. It
was only after upgrading to FC5 that intermittent problems have been
reported. In the last few minutes I have managed to get one of my test
picture uploads to fail (repeatedly). On checking, I find that users have
been able to upload pictures (as I did this morning) without incident. My
suspicion is that there is some sort of process limit that is being
exceeded.

Any suggestions?

Brendan