[Sussex] iso checksums

Vic lug at beer.org.uk
Mon Sep 25 18:51:46 UTC 2006

> Surely either the discs are good or their not? The problem is being picked
> up on the media check prior to attempting the install so I'm not clear how
> changing the nature of an install I haven't yet attempted will stop the
> discs being corrupt. Could you clarify?

It's not that the disks are necessarily corrupt. The media check has been
found to be sensitive to DMA settings under some circumstances, leading to
false negatives.

I can't guarantee this will solve your problem, but it is a remarkably
simple thing to try, and has got a number of people over exactly the same
hurdle...

Vic.