[Sussex] CELL architecture

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Tue Sep 26 09:39:39 UTC 2006

Christopher Stromblad wrote:
> Sounds awesome :-)
>
> I want one now... but I guess have some reading to do first, need to get
> a better understanding of how the ABI/APIs work.
>
> Would be pretty cool to work with games development ... might just have
> to try and change career ;-)

Well game development is massive effort.  There are few things though
you should be aware of out game development.

1) Code is a mess, no it really it is a mess.  When people first start
they are surprised how messy it looks.
2) Very tight deadlines (Which can not be put back, ie game has to be
out before Xmas and will not change the date)
3) The business is very political motivated.  There is lot of Fan-boys
to a platform in this business.

What I would recommend is you join open source project, some of the
interactive business watch these projects to see if there any new good
talent they would like to join them.

Otherwise good luck, it the fun business.