Documentation helping (was Re: [Sussex] Thoughts On Contrubuting to the Community)

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:18:17 UTC 2007

John D. wrote:
> On Sunday 01 April 2007 16:12, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> y, very bad Wiki tools out there that it's hard to manage them all.
>>
> Ok, that gives me something else to read, thanks Nico. I have enjoyed a couple
> of other bits that "ESR" has apparently written, and even found them
> helpful - in the broader sense of trying to understand "stuff".
>
> Do you mean by "very, very bad Wiki tools", like how the abysmally designed
> Wikipedia is just hideous to navigate/negotiate ?? or have I missed the
> point ?
>
> regards
>
> John D.

There are plenty of worse ones. If you'd like see an awful one, check
out "Trac". (This is a matter of opinion!) It goes on and on about
"submitting tickets", but barring miracles of configuration, doesn't
actually let you submit any. And because it rests on top of unmodified
Subversion, there is *no* graceful way to flush material from it completely.