[Sussex] Palm OS, Kontact/Kpim and/or a W98 Laptop???

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Sat Apr 28 09:51:41 UTC 2007

Wotcha list,

My palm based Treo 650 is being rather temperamental when syncing with
Kontact/Kpim.

I have wine installed, but haven't managed to install the windows based Palm
desktop software - don't even know where to start with wine!

The Treo 650 normally connects via usb and it _should_  just be a case of
starting the kpilot app and hitting the sync button on the palms USB
connection lead - but at the moment nothings happening.

I have the palm desktop software installed on Clares' laptop, but for the life
of me I can't make that connect to the internet either (which I suspect is to
do with when I had it networked via Samba - but can't work out what I need to
do to get it connecting - which would be handy as I think theres an update to
the firware for the Treo 650).

I digress. Where should I be looking to find out whats going on with the Treo
650 connection to my system, and why it's not wanting to sync?

Plus, does anyone have any good links to wine howtos for idiots (me) so I can
see if I can get the desktop software installed ?

regards

John D.

p.s. Oh and I'm currently running Sidux (based on debian SID) - fully updated
etc.