[Sussex] Palm OS, Kontact/Kpim and/or a W98 Laptop???

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sun Apr 29 10:31:46 UTC 2007

John D. wrote:

> Thanks for the replies chaps.
>
> After doing some more digging and reading, I had some successes. The Treo did
> eventually sync, after I'd "loaded" (? is that what it does) the modules for
> both usbserial and visor with modprobe. For the life of me I can't see why it
> doesn't want to show the Treo as connected when I look with lsusb (or lspci).
> The instructions I found just gave a "bald list" of what I should be doing
> (it was on someones blog so.......).
>
> I asked at Siduxs' IRC channel if anyone knew how I could make it so that the
> modules where loaded at boot - someone told me about adding them to
> the /etc/modules list - the usbserial starts fine, but the visor didn't seem
> to do the same - I'm thinking that that must be possible but haven't managed
> to work out how it might be done yet.

adding them to /etc/modules is the correct thing to do. It's possible you
only need one of them.

They won't show up as loaded I don't think unless you can catch it while a
sync is actually happening. This is because usb serial devices only actually
exist while they are doing something, so it vanishes as soon as the sync is
finished.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

A door is what a cat is perpetually on the wrong side of. - adapted from
Ogden Nash