[Sussex] SCOX shares anyone?

Oli oli at 3ait.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 07:54:21 UTC 2007

Geoffrey Teale wrote:

>> Does this finally put the SCO battles to bed?
>> I thought that Unix was AT&T and am surprised at Novell's ownership.
>

> The history of UNIX is long and tangled.  AT&T were the original copyright
> holders.. the route to SCO goes via Novell and (believe it or not)
> Microsoft.

I'm a bit surprised too.  I thought one of the points the case centred
on, maybe some time ago, was that the code had a 10-15 year period in
the public domain while AT&T had it, so had lost any IP status.

But that's fantastic.  It's like watching Trading Places whilst sipping
a vodka martini :-)

-Oli