[Sussex] Just to say Hi

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Aug 28 07:08:41 UTC 2007

Vicky

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Vicky Lamburn wrote:
> I just thought I'd pop by and sign up to this group as I recently
> found out about this user group. I'm in Worthing and am a full time
> Linux user (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn..original huh? ;)) and thought it might
> be cool to get more involved.

There be a lot of Ubunty users out there, must be something in the
water.  :-)

> I do all sorts of stuff, including web development (that's what my job
> is at Worthing Borough Council...getting there with getting all the
> sites sorted), computer art, general fiddling around and most of all
> writing.

Good stuff.

> Otherwise I enjoy the outdoors, walking, painting, photography,
> travelling and music!

What!  Linux isn't your only interest - not a real geek then.  :-)

> Maybe I'll be able to get to Horsham for this month's meeting.

I was going to say that you need to sign up for the meeting but I
see you've already worked that out for yourself.

So I checked the directions from Worthing to RH12 5PJ and the A24
is the way I use when I travel up from Shoreham.  The directions
do appear to be the route I use - but as I only really go to Horsham
for the moots I don't know Horsham very well.

The entrance to the Holbrook Club not in Drake Close as suggested
by Google Maps (see below).  But it is a right turn off North Heath
Lane just like Drake Close is.  Hope you don't have any trouble
find the place.

If you want a mobile phone number of someone to call then e-mail
me off list and I'll send you mine.  Not sure how much help I can
be as I don't know Horsham, but hopefully I can find someone at
the club to help.
`
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=worthing&daddr=RH12+5PJ&sll=50.826758,-0.986023&sspn=1.358438,2.331848&ie=UTF8&ll=51.070743,-0.363922&spn=0.337833,0.582962&z=11&iwloc=end&om=1

BTW, there is a canteen there that does reasonable food, and some
make use of it.  I have from time from time and it's isn't bad.
It will cost you £2 on the door to get in (non-member entrance fee).
Just ask the receptionist where the meeting is being held, it can
be in one of two rooms and we never know until the night which one.

> Thanks and look forward to being a member,

You already are.  Membership is defined as someone signed up to the
mail list.

See you soon