[Sussex] Just to say Hi

Sean O'Reilly s.oreilly at linnovations.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 07:55:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:22:55 +0100
Vicky Lamburn <vicky.lamburn at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hey Steve,
>
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Vicky Lamburn wrote:
> > > I just thought I'd pop by and sign up to this group as I recently
> > > found out about this user group. I'm in Worthing and am a full
> > > time Linux user (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn..original huh? ;)) and
> > > thought it might be cool to get more involved.
> >
> > There be a lot of Ubunty users out there, must be something in the
> > water.  :-)
>
> Must be :) I sounds sort of unimaginative to use such a 'populist'
> distro but it works for me really well :) When I tried Linux before it
> was Knoppix and some Debian distro back then so I feel more at home
> using something based off Debian; though I prefer having Gnome this
> time around.
>
> > > Otherwise I enjoy the outdoors, walking, painting, photography,
> > > travelling and music!
> >
> > What!  Linux isn't your only interest - not a real geek then.  :-)
>
> Uhhhaaa! My cover has been busted. I must get out of here! Oh I'm a
> geek alright, too much of one. (Me says yawning after playing Frozen
> Bubble way to late last night)
>
> > > Maybe I'll be able to get to Horsham for this month's meeting.
> >
> > I was going to say that you need to sign up for the meeting but I
> > see you've already worked that out for yourself.
>
> Yeah I saw the e-mail saying to get yourself on by today so I though
> best to just do it.
>
> > So I checked the directions from Worthing to RH12 5PJ and the A24
> > is the way I use when I travel up from Shoreham.  The directions
> > do appear to be the route I use - but as I only really go to Horsham
> > for the moots I don't know Horsham very well.
>
> I don't know Horsham that well either, only been there for training
> before now. But the A24 would be best.
>
> > The entrance to the Holbrook Club not in Drake Close as suggested
> > by Google Maps (see below).  But it is a right turn off North Heath
> > Lane just like Drake Close is.  Hope you don't have any trouble
> > find the place.
>
> You'll find out if I am on time, or if I am fashionably late :)
>
> > If you want a mobile phone number of someone to call then e-mail
> > me off list and I'll send you mine.  Not sure how much help I can
> > be as I don't know Horsham, but hopefully I can find someone at
> > the club to help.
> > `
> > http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=worthing&daddr=RH12+5PJ&sll=50.826758,-0.986023&sspn=1.358438,2.331848&ie=UTF8&ll=51.070743,-0.363922&spn=0.337833,0.582962&z=11&iwloc=end&om=1
>
> Thanks that's ideal! I'll take a gander and if need be I'll drop you
> an email exchanging phone numbers in case I am unsure.
>
> > BTW, there is a canteen there that does reasonable food, and some
> > make use of it.  I have from time from time and it's isn't bad.
> > It will cost you £2 on the door to get in (non-member entrance
> > fee). Just ask the receptionist where the meeting is being held, it
> [...]

Hi all,

Thought i'd hijack Vickys thread for a moment to say hi as i'm also
from Worthing. Some of you I already know from 3ait (you know who you
are).

Will try and make a moot at some point but Thursdays are quite tricky
for me (you'll only throw things at me for being a fedora/redhat user
anyway)

Anyway you can have your thread back now Vicky.

Sean