[Sussex] When should SLUG Meet?

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Aug 29 15:20:56 UTC 2007

Jon

Long time no hear (at least on this list).

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 03:56:24PM +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
> Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson wrote:
> > Mooters
>
> Steve Steve Steve... this is Web 2.0!
>
> Jeez!

Just because we can do it the Web 2.0 way doesn't mean we should. :-)

> http://doodle.ch/participation.html?pollId=bkkyubdmz5m5zkb7
>
> There you go - look there.
>
> Much easier than trying to faff around with emails!

I disagree.

1). Anyone can submit a vote at your location, only people signed
    up to this e-mail list can contribute to the e-mail vote.
    Are you volenteering to validate names submitted to the poll
    agaist the members of this list?  BTW - not everyone has submitted
    their name to the mail-list software.

2). Your voting recomendation does not have negitive options.
    Holbrook's veto of meeting on a Friday or Saturday can not
    be accomidated there.  I would argue that the negitives are
    just as important as the positives in this case.

3). Everyone that submits a vote reminds everyone else that there
    is a vote going on.  The single posting of the Web 2.0 vote
    system would be forgotten after 48 hours by most people.  I
    doubt we would get the same response.

Just my £0.01 worth.