[Sussex] Tesco Linux

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:28:47 UTC 2007

I should add my small report.
I set one up for somebody else and the general impressions were good.
1/ We had no information to tell us the user id or sysadmin access id. A
phone call was required to get this information.
2/ 256meg these days is very small so we immediately ordered 1gig from
crucial. With 1.25gig the machine is excellent.
3/ Screen resolution set to 1280 x 1024 (autodetected) (the native
resolution of the connected monitor (TFT)).
As always there is the question of what is good introduction to Linux. I
am of the opinion that we do need, with some expertise, to set up the
machine for normal users but then they will not have problems.

At £140 the computer does represent good value.