[Sussex] BBC coverage of vista

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 00:18:45 UTC 2007

Gavin Stevens <starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net> writes:

> Debian Etch is looking very good - good enough to persuade many more
> people to _use Debian_.

I use Debian Etch constantly.

But they've already slipped the release date.

Did you see that some people have started to talk about whether stable
is necessary?

I have sympathy with that view. Ubuntu do stable Debian. Debian for
the masses if you will. Debian people spend a lot of time and effort
doing stable. I think it's good in one way, because that's the kind of
disciplined stuff that they maybe wouldn't get to try out
otherwise. But in other ways it's bad: it saps the energy of the
debian project.

> I wonder who you would ask about reviewing Etch? Alternatively, someone
> could submit their own review & that may inspire the BBC to take a look
> themselves.

I'm not involved directly with the Debian project (though I've thought
about it quite a few times). But it seems that the best way into the
BBC right now is the backstage project. Those guys are well connected
and all sorts of interesting people read the mailing list.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs