[Sussex] [Off topic] Recycling computer equipment and books

Preet Sangha preetsangha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:18:51 UTC 2007

Sorry to barge on to the list again but I have requirement to dump some
computer hardware that I've collected over the years. Though most is
obsolete and will go the recycling centre in worthing this weekend, but
before that I'd like to know if anyone on the group would have use for
(a) DLINK PCMCIA Ethernet Card (10bT and 10b2) with connectors for both,
manual and old diskette
(b) SCSI cards (I have a couple and I think there might be an adaptec 2940UW
in there)
(c) Scanner 1220 (UMax) SCSI
(d) Beast of HP scanner (with auto doc feed) SCSI Scanjet IIc /ADF
(e) there is also a Visual studio .net 2.3 package I think (but I doubt
anyone here will want that).
(f) Belikin omnicube 2 port KVM switch with cables
(g) Netgear 10Mbs 10b2 ethernet hub
(h) Cambridge sound works 5.1 Sound Theater (including all speakers)
(i) Wireless lan module for the Palm m500 series
(j) Handspring visor pda + dock and model port
(k) xvga 15" Monitor (crt)
(l) usb normal keyboard (except that its pink - don't ask)
(m) Wireless keyboard and mouse (MS version - sorry) but I have't tested
this yet -  it was gift from friend.
(n) Iomega Jaz drive + 2 or 3 disks (1 or 2 gigs I cannot )
(o) Working dect phone
+ a series of floppy disk and cdrom /rw type units

I haven't used any of this stuff in ages but I did work when I last used
them.

I also have the following books which might be useful for someone here

   1. perl in a nutshell (2nd Ed)
   2. programming perl (prob 1st Ed)
   3. running linux (prob 1st Ed)
   4. linux network administrators guide (prob 1st Ed)
   5. (book) UNIX developers Tool kit
   6. Palm programming developers guide
   7. PERL: The Complete Reference
   8. Some SUSE linux (7.0) Manuals
   9. Debugging Perl
   10. SUSE Linux Unleashed
   11. Teach yourself web publishing with HTML 4
   12. Linux Essential Reference
   13. Java in a Nutshell Delux - Inculdes 4 other  books on CD -
   Exploring Java, Java Lang Ref, Java Fundemental Classes Ref, Java AWT ref
   14. Perl to Python
   15. XML Processing with Perl, Python and PHP
   16. Active Perl Developers guide

Some of the perl books are signed by the author (:-)

I anyone can recommend a better place than the dump for these items that too
would be appreciateD - I've already asked Northbrook college about these and
lots of my windows programming books and am awiting callback - so first come
first serve.

Again apologies for being off topic and the inclusing of stuff that is
probably not any good to anyone.
--

regards,
Preet Sangha