[Sussex] Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in Wireless Router (802.11g)

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 6 11:08:07 UTC 2007

Fay Zee wrote:
> I have been offered the following for £25, unused, still in its box
> with all the manuals (sells for £50 normally):
>
> Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in Wireless Router (802.11g)
>
> Info:
> http://www.belkin.com/support/download.asp?lang=1&download=F5D7632uk4
>
> I've read the PDF manual and, looking on Google for this and the Linux
> keyword, it seems to be suitable. It's brand new and has a good
> built-in firewall to supplement my software firewall.
>
> Just checking to see if anyone has any better suggestion?

WRT54GL-UK - you can install linux on the box and whatever
VPN you decide you want to install. Also a full iptables
config is a hell of a lot more flexible than the crap
that most home routers call a "firewall".

IANAExpert, but belkin seem to have a bit of a rep for low quality
connectivity on imperfect lines.

Not sure and DLS-MAX capabilities.

Jacqui

p.s. if anyone has one of these for sale or knows where I can
get one (locally) without paying double/triple price feel free to chip in.