[Sussex] Hurray M$ launch Vista

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Tue Jan 30 19:53:34 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 19:16, Dave Chapman wrote:
> Yes believe it.
> I'm glad that M$ have finally launched Vista.
> This means that there will be more perfectly usable kit available as  the
> masses upgrade their hardware to run the latest tat from Microsoft.
>
> Not on the scale of the Y2K bug fiasco but should be interesting.
>
> When XP was launched I bagged a nice Epson slide scanner for £40 from the
> Friday-ad because Epson would not make drives for it under XP
>
> Dave
Hum? Yeah I saw it on the BBC this morning.

Got me wondering if we should be complaining about advertising on the BBC,
because "they" certainly don't "do" all the bells and whistles garbage
everytime one of the distros (or Mac for that matter) have a major release.

So I wouldn't expect the beeb to blow their trumpet, other than any changes in
the markets/share prices - which IMO would be bona fide financial
news/reporting.

regards

John D.