[Sussex] So... GPL v3, eh?

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Tue Jul 10 09:47:48 UTC 2007

The new version of the GPL was finally released at the end of last
month. Steve & myself both seem to have been arguing with Groklaw about
it & its ramifications recently (yesterday and today, anyway), which
made me realize that I hadn't seen any discussion of the new GPL here on
SLUG.

So I thought I'd start one :o)

Has anyone read it? Do you like it? Dislike it? Feel a bit ambivalent?
Are you worried that Linux will be staying at version 2, or disappointed
to hear that Samba is getting ready to go version 3 only?  Or do you not
really care at all so long as the next version of Ubuntu isn't delayed
by all the fuss?

"Inquiring minds want to know!"

Dominic