[Sussex] ADSL and weather

Philip G phil at lxnet.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 22:39:21 UTC 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007 15:52:10 Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> I was talking about this a few weeks ago and people on this list were
> generally unaware of the issues:
>
>   http://aaisp.blogspot.com/2007/07/storms-reminder.html
>
> It's not much, I'm asking for more confirmation.

I am on an 8.5km line and loose sync if there is a lightening flash within a
few miles.  I see this as broadband interference, ie lose of snr accross all
bins (frequencies); consistent with big sparks.  I am not on bt max  but an
old style 512K set speed, my exchange has a Texas Instruments ver 2 DSLAM
(only thing I can tell about it).  BT has stated that they will not support
this line (thanks BT) so I hope it continues to work.