[Sussex] XP pain

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Jun 6 11:53:01 UTC 2007

Jon

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 12:01:24PM +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
> P.S I've been browsing the list and not seen one mention of USE DEBIAN.
> What's going on? Has everyone switched to Ubuntu since I left and no-one
> cares for [use] Debian any more? :(

No, Debian is still strong.  Gavin and I haven't switched.  Anyway, Ubuntu
is just a recompiled Debian plus a few tweaks so it's not really that
different - may of the Ubuntu packages have a debian e-mail address as
the package maintainer.  It's not as if it was one of those broken Linux
distros that are RPM based now is it :-)

> P.P.S Yes, I am sending this email in an attempt to kick off a distro-war ;)

If you want to kick of a ditro-war using a RedHat e-mail address then I
think RedHat should be the first to come under fire - seams only fair
somehow :-)

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #406:

Bad cafeteria food landed all the sysadmins in the hospital.