[Sussex] XP pain

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:13:02 UTC 2007

> http://fedoraproject.org/
>
> Download, and install. Problem solved.
I have to agree.

For my sins I still try to resolve some Windows problems, but they are
becoming increasingly insoluble.

Fortunately with a live Linux Live CD, puppy. memphis, knoppix etc., I
can recover user data before doing the Windows reinstall. This is more
than the likes of PCWorld will do  - "sorry you have lost any data".

Also with the Linux these days it is so flexible and really does do
everything including playing the Windows Media files. And, if you really
do want MS Office (OOo is much better) there are always the emulators
including crossover office.

Now I am working with Mandriva Spring edition - brilliant.

--
Windows users love viruses, others use UNIX and Linux.