[Sussex] Photo Manipulating (was - XP pain)

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:44:20 UTC 2007

Angelo,
You should be looking at digikam (www.digikam.org) to be importing raw
files. There are a lot of additional raw filters for this program
covering all the modern cameras.
One of my colleagues is using this program with great success.
On the Linux platform there are a number of photo manipulating programs,
the simplest being flphoto (useful for cropping and resizing) through to
The Gimp where I am finding  tools-colour tools-curves very useful.
Myself, I have not been using RAW and my present camera, the Olympus
u1000, does not give me raw but instead gives me a 4MB jpg file in the
best quality mode.
As I am very satisfied with the quality I do very little editing of the
picture, I am sure you will get more comment.

--
Windows users love viruses, others use UNIX and Linux.