[Sussex] BBC Click

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Sat Jun 9 11:40:39 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 11:56:30 Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Nicholas Butler wrote:
> > Indeed as I discussed in my blog ( http://www.loudmouthman.com ) they
> > still seem to have some wierd obsession with avoiding treating open
> > source as a serious topic
>
> Heh. I've been working for the BBC (although my contract ends June 30).
> They take open source seriously where I've been working.
I suspect that Nik was alluding to Spencer Kelly's presentational levity and
the use of phrases like "beared techie".

I also saw the abrieviated version on News 24 this morning, and concluded that
they i.e. the presenter and production team, might have made it just a little
more "serious" (added gravitas ??).

"We" might know the difference, but an outsider/non-linux user could easily
have taken that apparent levity to be more jokey, than was actually intended.

Ah well!

regards

John D.