[Sussex] musing about what I'd really like...

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 14:15:31 UTC 2007

"Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl at jorgensen.org.uk> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:26:37AM +0100, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
>> This is a work avoidance email.
>
> Work avoidance equals laziness and laziness encourages innovation.
> Therefore work avoidance is good.

>>   http://www.digitalera.co.uk/gadgets/nabaztag-wifi-rabbit/
>
> "The page your are looking for was not found" ?
>
> Perhaps you meant:
>     http://www.digitalera.co.uk/product/nabaztagtag-the-newest-wireless-rabbit.html
> ?

Possibly. I'm too lazy to check.

> That did the trick for me - perhaps you can use something similar?

Perhaps. But what I'm after is lighter than nagios... I think the
monitoring thing is a general thing. And I'd quite like a
semi-portable device. As I said in a follow up somewhere... something
that played music but interrupted the playing to go "BONG" when a ping
failed (or whatever) would be useful.

> PS: Nagios won't do the other things that wireless rabbit does: it
> doesn't work as an alarm clock, read messages from your friends, weather
> forecasts, look cute or have a belly button. It doesn't even make
> coffee.  But it works.

Sure. I like the idea of a feedback agent like the rabbit. But I don't
want a rabbit.

I think that's what I'm saying.

--
Nic Ferrier