[Sussex] After you all left.....

Steve Dobbo Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Mar 30 15:00:45 UTC 2007

Gareth

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 02:55:36PM +0100, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2007, at 14:25, Steve Dobbo Dobson wrote:
> >The (limited) research I've done suggest that a standard ADSL
> >connection
> >would allow around 3 broadcasts of the audio upstream.  Assuming
> >that the
> >server's owner was part of the "recording" that gives us a four person
> >group.
>
> does that take into account for ADSL connections that go up to about
> 440 (upload) rather then the standard 256 if this is better then i
> might be able to help.

My memory is that that a standard 256 upload to support transmittion
to about three remote users - so I qould say that if you have a 440
upload ability then you could support more.  But isn't testing going
to help establish what works and what doesn't?

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #240:

Too many little pins on CPU confusing it, bend back and forth until 10-20% are neatly removed. Do _not_ leave metal bits visible!