[Sussex] Thoughts On Contrubuting to the Community

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 30 21:51:08 UTC 2007

Steve Dobbo Dobson wrote:
> There are those that join mail lists, read, but never post.  There is little
> that you, I, or anyone can do to get those people more involved.  But who
> cares?  They cost us nothing as they take nothing away from anyone else.

As a lurker, I do try and get involved whee I can but posting for
posting's sake is a waste of my and your time.

I use linux at home but only two boxes are linux - the rest are windows.

I do recyce old linux boxes and provide them (FOC) to firends and family
that I know could not afford a new machine. A recent dontation
involved a 300MHz box a dvd drive and a 22" CRT. The owner plays
music, watches DVD's and stores his digital camera pictures on it.

Prior to the computer he no longer used the camera because he could not
afford to use it (Prints cost). Now he can view his family anf fish
(he is an avid fisherman) when he likes.

How I use linux is something else - mainly headless servers and
not really relevent here.

Jacqui