[Sussex] PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD [Was New members at moots]

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:20:43 UTC 2007

Fay Zee wrote:
> On 31/03/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> David Morris wrote:
>> Yeah, I finally had to decommission my 300 MHz Thinkpad when the airline
>> lost the CD drive and PCMCIA card for it on the way over here to
>> Chichester. It just wasn't worth replacing the parts for it, although it
>> was still running Fedora Core 2.
>
> Was that recently? And why was it apart in the first place?
That was last fall. I had needed the floppy to do some file transfers,
since the CD didn't have CD burning capability, and the USB port was
busy with my mouse when I used it.

I'm actually looking for a beat-up 500 MHz or better laptop for my wife
now for email/file access at her school, but all the used ones seem to
be more powerful and at least £200.