[Sussex] Dell going with Ubuntu

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Tue May 1 14:57:40 UTC 2007

Looks like they made it official now:
http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/01/1333205&tid=23&tid=3&tid=13

Being optimistic, I'm hoping this prompts a rash of hardware
manufacturers suddenly wanting to make sure there's decent Linux
support: Since Dell will be offering the same machines with either
Vista or Linux, it's natural to assume that Dell will want to use
hardware supported by both. So a Windows-only manufacturer will be at
a distinct disadvantage.

Plus there's that standing offer of free Linux drivers from Greg KH
that was made a while ago. Maybe at last I'll be able to buy that
computer I always wanted, where every part of it has an open-source
driver...

A man can dream! :o)
--
http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org