[Sussex] Ubuntu on Via EPIA M6000

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Wed Nov 21 21:02:56 UTC 2007

Richie Jarvis wrote:

> I am running into difficulties getting Ubuntu to run on the M6000 - it
> just hangs on the Live CD, so I can't install it - FC6 is running fine
> though, but I want to switch to Ubuntu.

When you say it hangs, do you mean that the initialisation of the live CD
hangs? or that the installer hangs when you start it from the live CD?

If it's the former and your CD drive is the slave drive on the primary IDE
channel then try configuring the CD drive as something else (secondary
Master is most likely to work).

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Ethernet n.: something used to catch the etherbunny.