[Sussex] Activating Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 08:15:17 UTC 2007

My initial question seems to have stirred up an interesting interchange.
The reason we chose, and have stayed, with Red Hat is that they offer a
support contract. Up until now we haven't found one to be necessary and
so used the various versions up to, and including, Fedora 6. We now have
a client who insists that all products are supported and has opted for
RDEL 5 with 24 x 365 support. In my view, a 12 x 5 support would be
perfectly adequate but as they are a large software house and pass all
costs on to their customer they haven't optimised  the costs!   Brendan