[Sussex] Need WiFi!

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Fri Sep 7 18:37:01 UTC 2007

Evening all,

I started back at university today - spending the next year re-training
as a science teacher.

We're going to need laptops for some parts of the course, and they're
going to need to be able to access the web via WiFi.

I have a laptop, running Ubuntu Feisty. I have a WiFi card, a CNet
"Wireless-G Cardbus Adapter" model CWC-854, which is apparently
supported by Linux.

What I don't have is any success in getting the blasted thing to work.
Complicated by the fact that I don't have WiFi at home, so the only
place I've tried it yet is Holbrook. Where you can only download drivers
& howto guides if you're online - Catch-22!

So... are there any kind people out there near Horsham (Or East
Grinstead, where I'll be on Sunday) with WiFi at home who'd be kind
enough to let me drop in this weekend & work through the Howtos etc. so
I can get the laptop online?

Bit of an imposition, I know, but I need an online laptop ASAP and I
can't afford a new Dell one just yet! :o)

Thanks in advance,

Dominic