[Sussex] JTAG OpenWRT Bricked

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 08:17:09 UTC 2007

>>> Do any of you have JTAG cable so I can fixed my bricked WRT54G?
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Customizing/Hardware/JTAG_Cable
>>>

>>> http://www.ranvik.net/prosjekter-privat/jtag_for_wrt54g_og_wrt54gs/HairyDairyMaid_WRT54G_v22.pdf

The first link still gives 404 for me.
The second link shows that we can use parts recycled from scrap
computers quite easily

I have had to re-flash an occasional safecom modem/router and they do
provide the data and the method and use the usb port. They also require
the the use of MS DOS and a M/B chipset  of either VIA or INTEL

Reading about the upcoming MS - EU appearances it really does bring home
the issues of restrictions (in the name of commercial interests) causing
a great deal of customer dissatisfaction and frustration.

Good Luck!