[Sussex] Excel 2007 can not count ?

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 26 16:14:46 UTC 2007

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
>> I've just got my boss to try it on her Excel 2007 - and its true -
>> 2007 comes up with an answer of 100000.

Did you tell her OOo does not have this "feature"

> Wonderful, don't we just love Microsoft !*!

I remember doing some work on currency conversions and excel was
*illegal* as (at the time) it did not conform to EU conversion
accuracies as it could not guarantee more than 8 DP's of precision
before and after a two way conversion.

Also rounding errors with some of the south american currencies
were just insane!

> Can we find any such anomolies in OOo Calc ?

I would hope peer review would reduce the possibility.
I would hope the OO team would include this as a test now
(cannot hurt!).

Jacqui