[Sussex] Swap or advice re SODIMMs and u-ATX mobo?

Antony ar at f2s.com
Thu Apr 24 13:45:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've two 128Mb memory modules that pass memtest in an elderly (1998)
Tecra 8000 laptop - but only one at a time as the CAS latency differs.
  IBM / Micron PC100-222-620 16Mx64 3.3V CL2
  IBM / Hyundai PC100-322-620 16Mx64 3.3V CL3

Can anyone help out, for example if you use a single 128Mb stick and
don't mind trying out a swap?

Also I've a micro ATX (244 x 200) mobo, an Asus CUW-AM PGA370, that just
won't play with Dapper or Gutsy, not even the text installer.  Searches
turn up other equally mystified users wondering about drivers, which
seems odd as the i810 chipset was commonplace.

If any of you can help decipher the log messages, or are junking a
similar SFF mobo, please grab me at the moot, preferably at the bar :)

Thanks in advance
Anthony