[Sussex] This Week's Moot

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 08:17:21 UTC 2008

Mooters

As the sussex.lug.org.uk site is current down for unplanned maintenance
I can't check the database to see who is given this month's talk, if
any.  So if someone is, then please shout out and say if you need a
projector or not.

Also.  I am currently planning to be out most of Thursday without e-mail
access so can you make sure that your name is on the list by Wednesday
evening please.

Ta

Steve Dobson

*** STUDENT SUCCESSES ***

Many of our students have gone on to achieve great success in all fields
of
programming. One former student developed the concept of the
personalized
form letter. Does the phrase, "Dear Mr.(insert name), You may already be
winner!," sound familiar? Another student writes "After only five
lessons I
sold a "My Most Unforgettable Program" article to Corrosive Computing
magazine.
Another of our graduates writes, "I recently completed a
database-management
program for my department manager. My program touched him so deeply that
he
was speechless. He told me later that he had never seen such a program
in
his entire career. Thank you, Famous Programmers' school; only you could
have made this possible." Send for our introductory brochure which
explains
in vague detail the operation of the Famous Programmers' School, and
you'll
be eligible to win a possible chance to enter a drawing, the winner of
which
can vie for a set of free steak knives. If you don't do it now, you'll
hate
yourself in the morning.