[Sussex] Getting PHP to work with MySQL

Simon Dawson simon.dawson at interaxsys.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 16:08:04 UTC 2008

Very quickly - don't know whether it is a typo on your part but it should be
mysql_connect not mysql-connect.

Does that help?

regards
Simon

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 15:56, Brendan Whelan wrote:
> I have just installed a copy of Fedora Core 6 and I'm having trouble
> getting PHP programs to connect to a MySQL database.
> Individually, the PHP and MySQL both work but when I try to connect from
> a PHP program to MySQL I get "Call t undefined function
> mysql-connect()".  The mysql connection looks to be configured in
> php.ini. The log files aren't showing anything useful. I tried did a
> search in yum for php-mysql and then ran "yum install php-mysql.i386",
> which gave "nothing to do".  A mysql.so file resides in
> /usr/lib/php/modules/
> I have exhausted what I can think of doing - any suggestions. Thanks,
> Brendan
>
> __
> Sussex mailing list
> Sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk
> E-mail Address: sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk

Simon Dawson

Interaxsys Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 04156349
Registered Office and Address:
Victoria House, Stanbridge Park,
Staplefield Lane, Staplefield, West Sussex, RH17 6AS

T +44 (0)1342 837821
E simon.dawson at interaxsys.co.uk
W www.interaxsys.co.uk